Biblically Rethinking the Church
Please keep your user name and password confidential.
This page is only intended for use by mentors who have completed the course.
Qualifying Your Student
You may want to be selective with those you mentor. Just as Jesus chose 12 disciples, you may want to work with a few chosen students. Paul's instruction to Timothy should be kept in mind, "The things that thou has heard from me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also" (italics added - 2 Timothy 2:2).
You are encouraged to read the material on "Mentoring Relationships" by selecting it from the download section below.
Here are some suggested questions to ask that may help you in qualifying your prospective student:
- What is your spiritual background?
- What do you believe God requires of a person to enter heaven?
- Would you share how you came to know Jesus Christ as your Savior?
- How are you growing in your daily relationship with Jesus Christ?
- How would you describe your study of the Bible?
- Why do you want to be involved in this study?
- What value is there for personal interaction in this study?
- Will you commit yourself to about 1 to 1 1/2 hour sessions weekly for a time of interaction with me?
- Will you commit yourself to about six months to complete the assignments and the entire study in the order outlined?
- Do you desire to be a mentor to others in the things you have learned?
NOTICE: You will NOT share or teach the materials until either completing the course or upon permission of the mentor. The copyright will be enforced!
Suggestions for Finding Students
- Encourage the prospect to read "Questions Concerning the Church Today" at the Biblically Rethinking The Church Page.
- Consider handing out the "Questions Concerning the Church Today" card which can be downloaded below.
- The goal is for the prospect to indicate his interest by submitting the Contact Form on the Biblically Rethinking The Church Page.
- This method is to progressively raise the person's level of interest without sharing any details.
- Avoid mentioning anything about "house churches." The student should arrive at this concept as a result of the study.
- Read the "Lesson Plan, Schedule, and Email Templates" material.
- Read the "Teacher Notes" in the "Read First" material before providing the material to your student.
- Before providing your student with any material, check for the latest version from the download section.
- The files are in PDF format. If you are experiecing difficulity accessing this material, download the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from: http://get.adobe.com/reader
Before downloading the lessons, if this is your fist visit and/or you have a new student, please use this registration form to provide me with your information. This allows me to know who is using the material and how to contact you if necessary.
(Use the scroll bar to view the entire form.)